help 4wd service light...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buffalobigj

Reaction score
So I was putting an amp and sub into my 02 burb and cut a hole in the gromment on the upper firewall drivers side. Hen doing so I somehow cut a black/white stripe wire. I didn't notice it until I started the vehicle and saw the service 4wd light come on. I immediately shut the truck down and located the cut wire. I spliced it back together and soldered and taped it. However I still have the service 4wd light on and no lights on the 4wd switch. I checked the atc fuse under the hood and the 4wd fuse inside both were OK.

At this point I don't know what to try, could I have killed the switch when I cut the wire? How can I test to see if its getting power (what wire)? This has me worried, is it still OK to drive this week to work? Any help for a newbie to the group is appreciated. I've only had this truck a few weeks...

Thanks!
Jeff

mightymouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I would try would be disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes to see if that clears the code...