new shocks for 2003 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twaugh16

Reaction score
what shocks should i use with cranked keys and 1 inch rear spacers?

goat364

Reaction score
So I'm guessing you chose shocks already since no one gave you advice since august!? I'm in the same situation with my 04 Z71. I just dont have rear spacers. I'm considering rancho
rs9000xl's, KYB monomax, and Bilstein 4600s. Kybs are bang for buck...other forums say Bilsteins are the best, but i havent heard how they perform off road. The KYB's are ment for off road, heavy rigs, and towing stability. All the things i use my 'Hoe for. If this helps cool..if you've already got shocks let me know what you think!

04Z71HOE

Reaction score
So I'm guessing you chose shocks already since no one gave you advice since august!? I'm in the same situation with my 04 Z71. I just dont have rear spacers. I'm considering rancho
rs9000xl's, KYB monomax, and Bilstein 4600s. Kybs are bang for buck...other forums say Bilsteins are the best, but i havent heard how they perform off road. The KYB's are ment for off road, heavy rigs, and towing stability. All the things i use my 'Hoe for. If this helps cool..if you've already got shocks let me know what you think!

I'm planning on going with the Rancho rs9000xl's once the gas matic shocks wear out... I do a lot of off roading so I need a good set of shocks to help me get up and down the mountain I hunt at. My previous truck had ranchos, cant recall the exact ones, but I won't go with any other brand. The previous owner of my current Tahoe put the gas matic shocks on there, I can't wait to change them out, for now they will suffice.