Positive camber problem???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG SEXY

Reaction score
Ok, here is the problem, but first alittle quick insite, I bought a 97 Tahoe 4wd in pretty good shape for the year and 170k, I replaced EVERY piece of the front suspension, inners and outers, idler, pitman, upper and lower balljoints, upper and lower control arm bushings, swaybar bushings and endlinks... after replacing everything the truck sat crooked, so I evened the torsion bars until was the exact same height on both sides, I had new tires put on it and aligned. After I had it aligned, I had always thought that it looked like it sat alittle low in the front, but I never gave it any thought because I figured thats just the way that it is suppose to be.
After about 6 months now I have noticed some pretty good tire wear on the outside of the front tires. A buddy of mine pointed out the other day that the top of the tire sticks out, which would explain the wear on the outer part of the tire.
Now, my question is this, if the torsion bars are turned too low, would that make the tires have positive camber? I dont know if this is true, but my line of thinking here is that with the torsion bars low, the upper control arm is pushing the top of the tire out, if I jack the torsion bars back up it will pull the control arm down and in slightly to take out that positive camber and make it center. Now yes I know I will have to have another alignment done because it will throw the toe all out of wack, but I just want to know if jacking the torsion bars up will take out that positive camber before I go trying it and screwing up what alignment is there.
I have parked next to 4 or 5 other late 90's 4wd Tahoes, and their front end sits quite a bit higher than mine, and we are talking stock Tahoes, so its not like they had their torsion bars turned all the way up or had it on a body lift... Is it possable that if I turn the torsion bars back up that it will take that positive camber out and make it center again?