Shock Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98tahoeboy

Reaction score
i have a 1998 tahoe and all 4 shocks are worn out. i am going to replace them this coming week, but was wonderin how hard it is, if i can get it done in a day?

Casper421

Reaction score
You should be able to complete it in half a day or less. I replaced all 4 on my 96 and it only took me a few hours.

NicoJones

Reaction score
I agree with Casper421. Took more time getting the tahoe on stands then the actual shock replacements. remember to use some penetrating oil (like wd40) on the shock bolts either the day before you are going to do the work or right before you start the work to make it easier to get them off.

RonJovi

Reaction score
I just had all four shocks replaced recently on my 95' Tahoe and tonight on my way home I heard a noise pulling out of the parking spot. I stopped and looked under the truck just to see the rear passenger side shock has come loose from the top. I don't understand how. Ironically, a homeless guy was walking by and offered some help. He had some strip/thin rope and tied it up so I could get it home. How do I fix this? Any ideas? Ron