01 Tahoe LT Lift for 33's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zzwb2

Reaction score
I have read through all of the threads that seems to relate and found some good information, but haven't been able to piece all of the details together that I need. Hopefully with some help from y'all I can get the answers I need.

I am driving a 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT and just got some new XD Monster 18" x 9" wrapped in Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 275/70/18's. I am wanting to lift my Tahoe so that I have no rubbing or clearance issues. I will not be driving this car off road (mudding/rock climbing) besides minimal driving on roads in mountain/snow conditions in the Appalachians in TN and NC.

My Wheels...
ar11s.jpg

My Tahoe...
22821780782203797112103.jpg

What would be my cheapest/most economical way to go about fitting these tires on my Tahoe with no clearance or rubbing issues (I'm thinking about a 2-3" lift to make my car level?).

From what I collected, I should get F-150 keys and coil spacers for the rear. What size coil spacers do I need? Are shocks necessary? If so, what would be recommended?

I am looking for an idea/list of all parts I would need for sufficient lift at an economical price. I have limited cash flow but can afford a few hundred dollars to get what I'm looking for. I have a mechanic friend who will be helping me install them on a lift.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Last edited:

zzwb2

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/imag0395w.jpg/

and

KMC XD Monster 18x9 rims with Goodyear Wrangler 275/70/18 tires
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/imag0390kr.jpg/

...that I would like to mount. Knowing that these are 33" tires and I will have clearance issues, I have read through all of the threads in this regarding this subject and have gathered some good information; but was hoping that I could get some additional help and information from the group.

I want to lift this so that I have no tire clearance issues. This car is driven in fairly normal conditions on paved roads only in the Appalachian mountains of TN and NC. The purpose of these tires is for traction in snow and just for a higher overall look and stance of my vehicle. I guess I should also mention this vehicle is used only occasionally in the summer to tow a 23" wakeboard boat with independent brakes about 15miles to and from the landing.

From what I have read I need F-150 keys, rear coil spacers, and possibly longer shocks. Are the shocks necessary or just recommended? I have a tight budget and would like a simple setup and hoping that some of y'all can push me in the right direction towards a recommended set-up as well as parts or brands.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited: