1.5" or 2" Leveling Kit!!! Over or Under Coil which is Better??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYHeritage04

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe, and would like to raise the front end either 1.5 or 2". I have been looking around and see that I have two options. The spacer on top of the coil spring and the spacer below the strut tower. Both spacers look simple.

SO,.....

Is the an advantage to either setup?

What type of material should the spacer be made out of?

Do you see any real safety problems with either setup?

Also any Brands to stay away from?

Thanks

JD08

Reaction score
I have always used the lower spacers. Only reason is because they are easier to install. I would look into a rough country leveling kit.

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

As stated, the lower spacer kits are a little easier to install. As for materials, as long as you use a reputable company's products you should be fine, I have RARELY heard of any kinds of material failure in these kits.

Tuff Country, Skyjacker and others provide good kits and some are fairly cheap and easy to install while others are more expensive and harder to install. A good rule of thumb on leveling or suspension kits, if they are generic no name or unknown/little known kits, I would shy away from them. You get what you pay for and in everything there are companies selling inferior products claiming great results.

I personally have heard a lot of good results from the Tuff Country leveling kits.

Let me know if I can help further.