How's it going?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wh1pple

Reaction score
Hey all, I come over here from 355nation!

I don't own a Chevy Tahoe, my old man leased a '97 back in the day and that's about it...

I do own a Chevy Colorado though, and that's why I am here. I am looking at putting a roof rack from a 05 (or similar year) Z71 on my tonneau cover to use for skis.

I came here with a couple of questions: What are the dimensions of the rack and it's mounting points? What would be a good price for a use one? :help:

Thanks for any help that you can provide! :waytogo:

My Truck:

IMG_0453.jpg

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

I will have to look up those dimensions for you, but that is a nice lookin Colorado you have there indeed.

clkelley

Reaction score
I double checked the roof rack mounting points and they measure 48 inches by 69.5 inches. The size should work, the only thing I can think of that may be an issue is the fact that the roof of the tahoe's etc is contoured, not flat and the mounting points may not sit flush against the cover. But you may not be able to tell that until you have one sitting on it.

wh1pple

Reaction score
Thanks! I never even thought of the curve coming into play. I'm sure I can devise some sort of way to overcome that, via mounting pad or cutting. One of these days, I'll make it back up to my truck in the parking lot and do some measurements.

Shane87

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from another new guy thats a good looking Colorado do you have the 5cyl?

gibsonsynthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! That's a real nice looking Colorado. Not to de-rail your idea there, but check out ors racks direct, and look at some of the thule racks they offer. You might be able to get something that mounts a little easier and they have specific ski and snow board mounts.

wh1pple

Reaction score
Thanks! I've looked at the Thule racks and have considered them, but I started looking at some other racks and came across the Z71 rack.

Reason I wanna do the z71 is because I think it would blend together with the truck better. I'm afraid the Thule racks will look like they don't belong.