Is it good to mix a suspension lift with a body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armrine25

Reaction score
:help:I have a 07 Tahoe with a 6 1/2" Zone suspension lift. I want to go higher but I was told the only way to do that is to get a body lift. I want to add a 3" body lift what do you all think?

Attachments

• Tahoe#2.jpg
    Tahoe#2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 27
  • my tahoe.jpg
    my tahoe.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Tahoe#3.jpg
    Tahoe#3.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 10

clkelley

Reaction score
I can foresee a few issues, but I am no expert on lift kits. Wiring harness stress, exposing more of the drivetrain, brake lines and fuel lines to the elements and road hazards, and possibly more body roll turning as a result of the higher center of gravity...lol

If you go much higher your nose will start bleeding every time you drive it....

I would also check local laws to make sure you don't go too high and get harassed about it.

armrine25

Reaction score
Thank you I was just asking because my friend has a avalanche that he combined a body lift and suspension lift and I want my Tahoe to be higher then his

armrine25

Reaction score
:waytogo:Also I want to thank you for your service. I am in the Army been in 14 yrs 3 tours to Iraq got a few more left till I retire.

clkelley

Reaction score
:waytogo:Also I want to thank you for your service. I am in the Army been in 14 yrs 3 tours to Iraq got a few more left till I retire.

Thank you, but really, I never had to go into combat, so my service doesn't even compare to yours! Thank you for being willing to give of yourself so that we, "The masses" can live here with the freedoms we enjoy and sometimes take for granted!

Also, I think the KC lights and all would look awesome!!!

WakeSkate317

Reaction score
To your question, yes you can.
I would not body lift IMO.
If you want to do it right SAS is the way to go.

BigBlackHo3

Reaction score
No body lift...do a 8 inch bulletproof...remove those running boards which will make your truck look alot higher....throw on some 35's and adjustable coilovers and youll have the perfect look youll love trust me...if i could post pics of my truck i would...i dont get this link crap