Introducing Black Bear Performance!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Black Bear Performance is now a sponsor of tahoeforum.com!

We appreciate your support from tahoeforum.com and look forward to continuing to support the enthusiast community and their 96-12+ GM vehicles.

What we offer

Black Bear Performance offers mail order tuning for you GM Truck or SUV with a twist. Every vehicle performs slightly different and we realize that a standard cookie-cutter tune won't always work well for everybody. As a result of that realization, with every tune we provide the opportunity to loan or sell you the necessary hardware and software for you to connect to your vehicles computer and record sensor data while you drive. By returning that data to us, we are able to analyze it and provide you with a tuned PCM (or AutoCal tune) that will conform to your vehicles specific needs. In addition, this hardware will allow you to quickly perform the common "crank relearn" procedure yourself in a matter of seconds, potentially saving the cost of an hour's worth of labor from a dealer or private shop.

Pricing

- Cable Tune $300 (*cable deposit required)
- In-person $250
- Traditional (mail-order) $200
- AutoCal handheld $549 (for new customers)

*Fully Refundable pending prompt return.

We offer an active Military discount and also extend this discount to Law Enforcement and First Responders. Please inquire for more details.

Group/Meet Pricing and Policies

We encourage individuals to organize "Live Tune" (in-person) events around the country, as well as request our participation in meets and get-togethers. In consideration of the efforts on the part of the organizers we will offer those individuals a discounted rate. Please inquire for more details.

Contacting Us

Please check out our website, BlackBearPerformance.com, for the FAQs.

For further questions please feel free to please contact us by Private Message or email [email protected].

Thank you,

Jenna
Black Bear Performance

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Glad to see this forum moving back in the right direction!

Shaggy

Admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea, glad you made your way back here Jenna. I am glad we were able to bring TF back to life, while also having TYF still kicking butt too :D

clkelley

Reaction score
Jenna, I am "fairly" familiar with EFI Live, but could you explain to me about what you have listed as the "Cable Tune" and how you work out your "mail order" tunes?

Thanks

the-hoe

Reaction score
Welcome BBP. If anyone is questioning this company, I would like to say they are great. I have used them for base tunes via mail order for years and I have multiple friends that have gotten "in person" tunes from them. Everyone has always been satisfied.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With the scan cable tune, you pay a security deposit and we ship out a cable that you use to collect data from your vehicle as you drive. That data is then emailed in to us to be analyzed and in some cases, the data will show a mechanical condition that needs to be corrected before the tuning process can proceed. If this is the case, we'll do our best to help you determine the cause of the problem so that your tune will perform as well as it possibly can. Once all problems are squared away, we'll then build a tune for you based on that data and ship a tune out to you.

You'll then use the scan cable to perform a crank relearn procedure and create a final log with the new tune in place. The scan cable is then returned for a refund of your security deposit.

With the traditional tune, we provide you with a questionnaire to answer, and we build a tune based off of that, and your VIN.

The AutoCal handheld is like the scan cable tune on steroids. Not only can you datalog with the AutoCal, but you can flash the tunes to your vehicle on your own, as well as read/clear codes. It can tune up to 8 vehicles on one device.