New Tahoe owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calisko

Reaction score
Hello All, I am new to the site. I am new to modding. I am having a hard time finding stuff due to me not knowing proper terminology or lingo. What I would like to get out of this forum: 1) Make friends with common interest (given) 2) Advice on modding 3) Vendors with great deals 4) Increase in mileage per gallon

I have a 2012 LT Tahoe w/ luxury package. Its a family car. I would like to just make it look good.

Things I would like to mod:
Wheels: I have 20's. Looking for 22's (will this decrease mileage or affect the vehicle performance)
Chrome stuff: trimming, addon's, etc
Tinting: legal or darker?

I will post pics as soon.

Last edited:

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

First, let's see some pics, we are almost addicted to pics around here...lol

As for the modding advice, upgrading to 22's would have an adverse effect on mileage without tuning the ECM. The reason is because they are heavier than the 20's and will cause an increase in rolling resistance overall. While small, the effect on mileage would be negative.

For trim accents, we have access to some nice upgrade pieces, but what I would want to do is work with you to find out more about your interest and personal tastes to find the right mods for your truck.

As for tinting, in my experience, personally, if the truck came with factory tint, I would only do the legal amount of tint for your area on the other windows. As laws vary from state to state you will need to check local laws. That being said, I personally feel that even left at legal levels the overall look will be great. But again, it depends on your personal preferences.

As for site Vendors with great deals, Synthetic Motorsports (me & gibsonsynthetics) have all kinds of awesome discounts and deals available to forum members. But there are also other Vendors with great deals as well. Which Vendor to choose to work with should depend on the mods you are looking to take care of, but if you contact me I will either help you get what you need or refer you to another site vendor if they have a specific area of expertise that is beyond mine, (lift and drop kits for example I would refer you to "Noral SS" as he works with them daily)

Again, welcome to the neighborhood and we look forward to getting to know you and your truck!

gibsonsynthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

I second clkelley, let's see some pics!

Upgrading the size of your tires is a great way to alter/enhance the look of the vehicle. But, it does come at the cost of loss of fuel efficiency. But if you are looking to save money on both oil changes and fuel. I am an independent dealer of AMSOIL and I would strongly recommend upgrading to our signature series synthetic which will give you 25k miles or one year between oil changes. If you are interested in a quote feel free to shoot me a message, I'd be happy to set you up with some great deals!

As for other modding, I am knowledgeable of the electronics world and would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about interior and exterior wiring questions.