lost a/c

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tntlyles

Reaction score
hello all
have an obs '99
compressor was leaking so replaced compressor, drier, and accum. valve - when all was done (including evac and recharge), had no engagement - also no ac indicator light coming on on control head as well as no control over where fan blows - is blowing on floor only. have control of fan speed and rear defrost indicator is working. I did drop a wrench on the battery while system was open and it arced briefly. I have checked all fuses and swapped a/c and starter relays to no change. also tried a used control head which did no different. seems like i shorted something out but don't know where to look next. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

NCFD4303

Reaction score
Check the low pressure switch an the reciever drier area and use a jumper swith to see if it kicks on that way.

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Not having control or operative action at all in where it blows in the cab, I would double check to make sure you have vacuum on the actuator vacuum lines. If you have a loose line somewhere or a pinched line somewhere it may be keeping the mode actuators from changing where the air is blowing...