98 Tahoe rear roof speakers not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey What's up so uhh i got a 1998 chevy tahoe 4 door LT 4x4 but the f***in rear roof speakers are not working here is what i have if u are curious:

Stereo: Stock OEM Delco Electronics Radio With Cassette and Single-Cd Player.
Speakers: All Four 6.5 speakers are some Aftermarket one's don"t know what brand tho. As for the rear roof one's they are the oem 4x10's Except they're not working so that's a FAIL.

Now i know u Might Say Somthing Like Ditch those 4x10's and go with some 6x9's or some 5x7's but no i wont do that until i actually get the sound fixed
first then ill see if i have enough money to buy some better 4x10's but until
then i HAVE to fix the rear roof speakers so here's what i have done so far:
1. Looked behind the radio to see if any wires are Loose but no nothing's loose
neither is there and inputs for a missing wire.
2. So then i thought ohh okay maybe the speakers are disconnected right WRONG they where not disconnected they where just fine and those stock
speakers look brand !New.
3. So my next guess is the OEM Amp is turned off or disconnected here's
the issue i don't know where the amp is at some people say it under the dashboard other people say its under the drivers seat but i also don't know what it looks like or what wires to connect if i find so if u have found the Amp please take a picture of it and post here so i can find it and please tell which wires i will have to connect by the way one more thing "I DON'T HAVE THE PREMIUM BOSE SOUND SYSTEM JUST THE DELCO ELECTRONICS SYSTEM....

Attachments

• WP_000099.jpg
    WP_000099.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_000103.jpg
    WP_000103.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 26

oaleystormakleyguyh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as i know thos speakrs are not on the factory amp, only the rear door spakers, but the amp is under th dash by the gas pdal it is a square metalic box search it there is plenty of imfo on this. but mine did work but were not loud at all, so i hooked my amp to those leads, got rid of the speakers

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as i know thos speakrs are not on the factory amp, only the rear door spakers, but the amp is under th dash by the gas pdal it is a square metalic box search it there is plenty of imfo on this. but mine did work but were not loud at all, so i hooked my amp to those leads, got rid of the speakers

Actually they are connected to the amp it's the only speakers that use it and yes i have found the Amp under the dash but don't know what wires to mess with or what to do so please explain!!!!:help::help::help::(:(

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update so i took it to tha shop turns out oem speakers were burnt out so put some nice 3 way coaxial 500 watt speakers and man i have to say:

1.It's way louder in the front and back now (wasn't really loud in the back before and far in the back where the 3rd seat was suppose to go u couldn't hear Sh*t).
2.There's way more bass (now that i got those EXTRA 500 watts)
As far as the (4) 6.5's in the doors (turns out they were OEM not After Market Bummer) well anyways as for those 6.5's i will be puttin some beefy a** boss 600 watt speakers to really get my Hoe bumpin and i know u might say ohh why not just get some sub's if u want it to BUMP but 1 of my 6.5 are blow (turned it up wayy to muchh so yeah) after the BOSS speakers i may put 2 12" subs up in the back with a 1200 Watt Amp!!!!

EMF Audio

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For later reference, the 4x10's are on the rear channels of the radio, front doors are on front channels of the radio, and the rear door speakers are the only ones on the factory amp which is located on the steering column and doesn't really look like an amp.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Aux Amp is located under the drivers seat towards the passenger side of said seat. But it is a 1995.......