Tailgate Will not Open 05 LT Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cronan

Reaction score
Hi All,

First post. A friend told me to log on here and ask my question. I know very little about cars but am willing to learn more. My problem is such: Suddenly my trunk stopped opening. My power doors and windows continue to function, however it seems that the connection to the trunk no longer works. The model of my car does not have a key port to manually open the tailgate and I hate to bring it to be fixed if i can do it myself. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Nick

clkelley

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the fix I believe you need would need the hatch opened, it is most likely a break in the wiring harness where it goes into the hatch from the door jam. It is quite common.

DezertRatt

Reaction score
My 2006 has the same problem...

My first post as well, and unfortunately not a happy post. Love my Tahoe except for this problem!! Mine is a 2006 Z71

I must be the 10,000th person with this same issue. All 4 doors open with the key FOB, however the rear door is stuck LOCKED. I filed a complaint with US Department of Transportation after calling Chevrolet Customer Service-and being told this was my problem, not theirs. Very rude "customer service" woman who could have cared less that I have NO way to get third row passengers out in the event of an accident, fire, etc. My family has owned Chevrolets for decades, but this will be the last for any of us. I cannot believe that Chevrolet will not recall this issue...thousands of posts out there not only for Tahoe but also Yukon and others. NO KEY HOLE to use a standard key to open the tail gate or window, no interior handle to open the tailgate either. I don't have $500 to go to the dealership to fix this obviously DEFECTIVE part...shame on Chevrolet for hanging all of us out to dry! PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT, it is the ONLY way we have any chance of Chevrolet doing what is RIGHT for all of us, this is a serious safety issue. THE LINK IS HERE TO FILE A COMPLAINT and read others already filed: http://www.safercar.gov/