New Here From North Dakota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTX_Pilot

Reaction score
Hello All,
After many hours lurking on this site for sometime now, I finally became a member. My 2005 Tahoe 5.3L is great, swaped my F150 for it. What an upgrade for me, never a regret. Anyway stopped for fuel this evening, and when I started the engine, my red "check battery" came on, and stayed on.

This happend once previous about six weeks ago. Rolled out of the carwash and the light was on. Thought maybe something had gotten wet? Had the battery and altenator checked at the local Interstate Battery Dealership. Both the 1000 amp Interstate Battery and Charging system check out at 100%, with a load lights A/C on high etc.

Any idea what would cause this? No offense to anyone, I have very little faith in dealerships.

Thank You.

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Yeah, if this started after a car wash, if it was one of those with the underbody wash, I would make sure the wiring harness leading to the ECM does not have water in it. It is very possible that this is the case and if so can cause issues. ANY moisture in the harness can cause gremlins...