Newbie & Owner Of 2006 Tahoe Seeking Parts/Accessories Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pvtjoy

Reaction score
Hello all,

Glad to be part of your Tahoe Forum.com family and looking forward to some educated answers to my uneducated questions...

I recently purchased a 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe from (to me) a local MN dealership. I'm looking to add a few, preferably, factory accessories but, am having troulble finding them not only on my own but, with the 'assistance' of the dealership parts department.

First, I'm looking, primarily, for a rear cargo area cover/shade in neutral/tan. I'm finding that there seem to be at least three different widths of these shades. (I recently acquired one from ebay, 64.5" compressed, 67" extended. It turned out to be too long. (I did measure before I bid.) There's another one on ebay now (pewter-wrong color), 63.5" compressed, 65.75" extended. I've found a third on Craigslist that's 61" compressed and 63.25" extended. All are advertised to fit 2000-2006 Tahoes.) How do I determine which is the correct width for my particular application? What might the GM/Chevrolet part number be? And, most importantly, whare can I get one?!

Secondly, did the 2006 Tahoe come with a center (between the front seats)console (bucket) insert (like my 1999 Blazer) that would allow storage of smaller items above larger items?

Any help/direction will be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• 2006 Tahoe After 03.jpg
    2006 Tahoe After 03.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2006 Tahoe After 01.jpg
    2006 Tahoe After 01.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00539.jpg
    DSC00539.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: