Build Sheet request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mario_de

Reaction score
VIN: 1GNUCCE06AR178843

Also, do you know what I should look for to ensure this vehicle has the heavy duty towing package? I'm out to sea and my wife is wanting to buy this Tahoe without me around!

Thanks!

Email: [email protected]

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Mario. I am sending your build sheet to your email. This tahoe does not have the heavy duty towing package. It does have a Z82 HD trailering equipment option, but it has 3.08 gears which limits you to 5500lbs for trailer weight. To go to 8500lbs, you would need the 3.42 ratio which gives you the HD towing package with the engine cooler and tranny cooler.
By the way, thanks for your service.
Ned

mario_de

Reaction score
Thanks Ned. Now what if I purchased a weight distribution hitch? Would that take me up to 8500 lbs?

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mario, I looked this up on gm autobook and it's saying you would increase the trailer weight to 5233lbs, and tongue load to 628lbs, up from 5000lbs and 500lbs tongue load.
The only way to get to 8500 is gear ratio, engine oil cooler, transmission cooler. sorry.
Ned

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mario, tell your wife to look for 3.42 ratio, and possibly a K5L heavy duty towing package. you should be all set with this combination.
Ned