98 Tahoe Start then Stall after Rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badass350ss

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My wife has a 98 Tahoe 2X4 5.7L. For about a year and a half now we have been having this issue. It ONLY happens after it rains. Not even while washing the truck. This last month I have replaced the cap, rotor, wires, plugs and TPS Sensor all with AC Delco parts. The fuel filter is a few months old. I had the Ignition module tested and it passed. The coil is throwing good spark. Each plug is sparking as it should. There is fuel on the plugs. Before when it would not start you could let it sit for about an hour or so and it would start right up fine. Run a little rich after first start up from the problem but still run good. This just happened Sunday afternoon again and had to have it towed this time. Still will not start. What it has always done is start for a quick second and then shut right off. Seems like giving it gas wants to flood it out. The battery is fully charged. Im not sure where to test or look next. I keep reading possibly the crank sensor is the porblem. If anyone can help you would be saving alot of aggrivating phone calls here. My wife REALLY hates when this happens and it caught us this last time in this big storm we just had in Miami on Sunday night.