What size lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatch

Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

I got my truck a few months ago and it had the lift kit and I'm trying to find out what size the lift is. Does anyone know a way that I could find out without having to take my truck to a shop? Any help with this would be great.

Thanks

JonDeere97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a tape measure go front the ground up to the center of the wheel well on the fender front and back then measure the same spot on the same style truck that has stock suspension then jut figure the difference between the two

Squatch

Reaction score
Okay thanks.

Does anyone here have or know someone that has a 1999 Tahoe Z71 LS 4door?

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

I got my truck a few months ago and it had the lift kit and I'm trying to find out what size the lift is. Does anyone know a way that I could find out without having to take my truck to a shop? Any help with this would be great.

Thanks

Measure the block that is above the leaf springs in the back. 4in block equals 6in suspension lift.

Squatch

Reaction score
Thanks Andrew99Tahoe. I will be doing that today thanks again

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew99Tahoe. I will be doing that today thanks again

Please post with your findings. If measuring the distance from the ground you also have to take into consideration the tire size. Some truck may sit shorter if they have 31's compared to 35's.

Last edited:

Squatch

Reaction score
Please post with your findings. If measuring the distance from the ground you also have to take into consideration the tire size. Some truck may sit shorter if they have 31's compared to 35's.

Okay after measuring the block. I found it to be 3", so I'm taking that is is a 5" left on the truck? All so wail i was measuring I found that the rear drivers side seem to be sagging by 1 1/2" or 3" depending on where I measured. I have new Tires and measured 4 different points on the rear axle and it was the same all the way across and I am not sure what to look for to find out why.

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres no such thing as a 5in lift, unless it was custom. If I recall, my 6in lift has 3-4in blocks. So what may be what you have. But if anything you probably have a 4-6in lift, which will fit anywhere from a 31 to a 35 inch tire. Your sagging issue may be due to worn out shocks.

Last edited:

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

Thanks

Do you know what brand of lift it is?