How To Fix Your Taillights For Good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodie3

Reaction score
Many of you, as I, have had your taillight on your truck or Tahoe (mine is a '99) go out or just periodically stop working and the turn signal goes super fast. You have replaced the bulb to no avail, and even the circuit board for the taillight, whether it be OEM or some other manufacturer and you STILL have problems.

Some have speculated that dialectric grease all over the bulbs will help or that the cheaper circuit boards are a bust, but I discovered something today that I think will solve a lot of problems for a lot of people.

Tighten the screws on the circuit board if you have a frequent taillight failure. That's right, those circuit boards in the Chevy Tahoe, Truck, GMC Yukon, etc from the mid to late-90's must've had a conservative engineer who specified the inch/pounds required for those screws, because if you tighten them, those socket problems go away for good.

I offer this testimony after months of troubleshooting and trial and error. In the end, I had replaced bulbs, circuit boards, and tried different ways of securing the bulb in the circuit board to avoid failure, even super gluing them as a test. Only this worked in every case.

In the 1st picture, you will see the circuit board as you receive it from the different manufacturers.
In the 2nd though, here's what you see when you take that gasket off, look at those screws. TIGHTEN ALL THE SCREWS, DON'T GO NUTS AND BREAK IT BUT GET THEM TIGHT. Then mess with all the bulbs, testing each, I think you will find it hard to get them to cut out again.
3. Reassemble your light, kiss it and install it, it'll be along time until you two meet again.
4th picture is the happy light.

It took me a long time to figure this out. I hope it helps everyone.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 47

nvmychevy

Reaction score
I sure aftermarket circuit boards don't have the screws. I went with aftermarket as the 4 chevy/gmc before had same issues and seem to fix problem. Now in my tahoe limited I'm ready for second circuit board. Have u had any issues since tightening screws?