Puttin' the old gal out to pasture at 253k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FishinCricket

Reaction score
She's a damned good old truck, folks. And even at 253k she aint ready to go!! I can't believe I'd ever think of gettin' rid of her, frankly. I picked her up used a few years ago pretty cheap and she has yet to let me down..... but you should see this newer one I'm lookin at!! Here's the old reliable:
43ab1d35.jpg

aab485cc.jpg

2000 Z-71, she's got 253k on the clock and all the usual creaks and groans to go with it.. She's been through quite a bit with me in the last 50k miles or so, she's been my tent, my tank and one time she almost attempted to be my canoe, but then she gained traction.. lol

The newer one though, she's been a dream of mine for years... It all started back in 2003 when I started working at my local GMC store and helped a gentleman get into a new 2003 SLT Yukon. I watched as he spent thousands on upgrading the entire suspension, had the diff replaced with an ARB and the torsion bars torqued up, added some sweet 18's, BFG's and took off the body mouldings and steps.. Then he added the hideaway winch in the front bumper! I'm sure he did more to it after he rode off into the sunset, but I remember thinking "Man, I'd love to own that ride someday!"

Flash forward 9 years and here I am, just a few days away from finalizing a trade to get into that very Yukon, as trail hardened as it may be.. Truly this vehicle is the only thing that could drag me out of my comfy Tahoe... Pictures forthcoming, hopefully we'll be finalizing our trade this week..

Here's our other rides, new and old:
71fdbf1f.jpg

1999 TA, 199k miles on the LS1
P5160253.jpg

2008 Wrangler (the wife's 4x4)
07a4d422.jpg

1992 Geo Tracker (RIP)

Wish me luck on my impending trade, thanks for being here.. And thanks for the warm welcome! ;)

Last edited:

FishinCricket

Reaction score
Thanks! I've went through and installed some Mudflaps, I painted the logos to match the truck:
E9F4CA8E-2D58-4BA7-A4D0-26FD55ADBF62-1656-00000330C8502BB8.jpg

I also installed an auxiliary input for my iPhone just below the air compressor and air locker switches:
F770ABAE-530C-4348-898E-29CDAA9F137C-1656-00000330D9BBCFA4.jpg

I'm contemplating which brush guard to get and whether or not to put back on the factory step, dunno how it'll look with the wheel/tire/flap combo.... Think I'll try it without the steps for a while and see what I think.