Help please !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fan.Tahoe

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the forum, I am having a problem I don't know what's the name of the part i circled as "A" does someone know the name of it?? and please if someone can tell me why "B" is like that?

Attachments

• tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 4

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

"A" is the "bump stop", which looks warn out. It is there to keep metal to metal contact to a minimum when the suspension begins to wear so as to allow the truck to drop in height a little.

"B" looks like something around the shock is leaking pretty bad. The best thing to do is clean the entire area around the suspension there and then see if you can tell where the lube is coming from specifically.

Fan.Tahoe

Reaction score
Thank you very much ! What would you recommend i buy? A universal? or factory replacement?

clkelley

Reaction score
Universal would be fine there, as a matter of fact I personally would go pick one up at a salvage yard for the best deal.

Fan.Tahoe

Reaction score
I have gone to the salvage yards and there just as worn out and Do you know what website i can go to to buy them? because every where i look it just shows me the rear bumb stop an not the front ones

clkelley

Reaction score
Send a Private Message to a member on this forum, screename "SuperchargedSS". He sells OEM replacement parts and is also a forum vendor and can more than likely get you exactly what you need for less than others online.