New Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corporatethugzz

Reaction score
I am new to the Hoe family. I have a 1999 Tahoe LT with 160k miles. Now my hazards, brake and turn signals don't work. All this happen all of a sodden. Any thoughts on this? :smokin:

Tewhite

Reaction score
Something quick and cheap ( assuming you checked fuses) - check connector on stop light switch . Top of the brake pedal arm. If that looks tight , ensure it is making contact and lastly bypass it with a wire jumper ..

R_Zachs

Reaction score
fuse's as stated, power going in and out of the switch. could be switch or a bad ground

Tewhite

Reaction score
I have a wiring schematic for a 2003, not as old as yours , so take this with a grain of salt - but a few ideas:
- numerous fuses to check ( flash , stop,LT turn, RT turn, VEH CHMSL)
- Also 2003 model shows a turn signal flasher module that all of the above go in and out of ( would be left IP fuse block ( on lower left side of dash)).

- A common ground is still a good candidate . One comes from the module noted above and grounds near left A pillar.

- Do you have a trailer connector that may have taken a hit or been under water ?

Tewhite

Reaction score
how about your license plate lights - do they light up ? they share a common ground with tail and stop lights at the rear

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome!

If the fuses are good and everything else fails. Have you possibly cleaned the engine bay lately or happen to have gone through some severe rain with standing water? It is quite possible that there is moisture in the wiring harness leading from the ECM to the body control module and also into the cab.

I have cleaned my engine bays before and lost all throttle response due to moisture in the throttle position sensor harness which is inside the cab on my 03. But it could be that you have had just enough moisture to have also caused the issue for other components.