Newbie of the Tahoe Regime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ_Tahoe

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just signed up for TahoeForum with hopes of acquiring knowledge on the beast that i just recently purchased.

2001 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3L
Miles: 165,000
Bought for $4500

I have only had the vehicle for 3 days and love everything about it.

I am looking to do a HID conversion and will need assistance in replacing window motors as well as HID installment.

Looking forward in joining the community!!

Have a great morning/day/afternoon/evening

R_Zachs

Reaction score
welcome and hopefully you find the information you are looking for!

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my lights to HID's as well! I had HID's on my last truck, and after having them, it is hard to NOT have 'em!!

AJ_Tahoe

Reaction score
I'm open to whatever brand, my question is whether I will need a relay and canceller for the Tahoe. The install seems pretty straight forward, I'm just not familiar with what components I will need.

Thank you all for the welcome and replies

003cruss

Reaction score
dont have it done its really easy i ordered mine from hidkit.com they came w everything u need $209 for highs lows and fogs it took about 45 min to install just cuz it was hard to reach on mine but u dont need any relay or anything it hooks up to stock and it only throws codes on nice foreign cars like audi bmw ect. so it should install very hassle free

AJ_Tahoe

Reaction score
@003cruss,

It seems that you have a way newer Tahoe than I do and therefore your specs may not apply to mine. Do you know by chance if 2001 Tahoes can have setup like yours; not requiring wiring harness, relay, or canceller?

Thanks for your time