assistance with shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just lifted my 2000 tahoe, and did the front keys with rear coil spacers 3". my rear shocks are maxing out and figured might as well replace the fronts as well. my question is how am i to measure an extended shock so i can order them. most places that i normally deal with will give me the factory ride height shocks so is it all part numbers? or any suggestions where to get them from? brand?

thanks in advance. oh and my hoe is only 2wd we dont do much off roading here in the city. lol

clkelley

Reaction score
When ordering shocks, you should be able to let them know about the ride height changes so that they can order the correct part numbers.

IF I can be of any further help with finding the right parts, let me know.

Sepedajh

Reaction score
If you havent purchased them already, check them out online. Most of the good shock companies give you the ride height option. Stock shocks are usually 0-3" lift. Then you move into 3"-6" and what not. Depends on the manufacturer. I prefer Skyjacker 8000's on my Hoe. Bilstein makes a good shock as well.