problem with factory radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooslowtahoe

Reaction score
Having a problem with my factory radio. When at very lows volume plays fine when the volume is turned up even just a little bit the radio loses its volume powers still on just no volume turn power off a couple times comes back on but does the same as before. Factory 99 radio

tooslowtahoe

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing at first but would hate to replace the radio and have the same problem is there any wiring I should check besides the actual harness

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome:to the forum and "DITTO" to above posts. The radio is securely clipped in the factory mounting, so wiring should not be an issue.Very easy removal(5 min) if you need to take out for repair. Be glad to give you instruction if you like. Good luck,
david g.

tooslowtahoe

Reaction score
well i might have found the problem, i heard some type of pop from the 4x10's and then the radio shut down so im going to disconnect them and see if there is still a problem. Also i might be going crazy but it seems that the more i press on the gas the louder the volume gets, when i release it goes back down

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No that's normal it's part of the SCV feature (Speed Controlled Volume) nice feature so that you wont need to turn it up when you go from street driving to highway driving and yes sounds like it may be time to replace those 4x10's i would go kenwood as to how not that many people make 4x10's because of there odd size and population so go kenwood! i bought some cheap aftermarket one's and just hatted them plus they went after 5 months bought some kenwoods still working after 6 months and sound better than the other's