Tuff country leveling kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IDA-HOE

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been looking to get a leveling kit for my 08 z71. Tuff country has a leveling kit or 2" torsion bar keys. Does it really matter which one I choose??

If someone could explain the difference that would be great

Thanks

Sepedajh

Reaction score
Well, the keys may be cut a bit different. Both will level out the truck, but one will go even further and give you a little more lift. Just depends on what you are trying to do. If you purchase the leveling kit, you will simply get torsion bar keys. If you get the leveling/lift kit, you will get the same torsion keys, but also some spacers to pick up the back a couple inches as well. Best thing you can do is call them up and speak with their tech support. I think ReadyLift has a good section on their site regarding lifts. Truxx has one as well. You can find some good info on those sites. I just got a Readylift leveling/lift kit for my 04 Z71. It lifts the back end a couple of inches, then matches the front. So it lifts it a little, then levels it out. Im going to be installing that sucker this weekend.