Importing a tahoe from US to Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayexim

Reaction score
Hi,

I am planning to import a tahoe from US to Canada.

Has anybody done it?
Is the warranty covered in canada?
Do I have to know about anything else?
Are there any major changes to make after I import?

Any help in this matter will be much appreciated.

regards

kntrydr

Reaction score
I have brought many cars and trucks up from the states the warranty is still good in Canada as for things you will need to change not much the only real difference will be the speedo mph/kph will be flipped compared to a Canadian version and the only other thing is paying the duty taxes at the border I have looked at bringing up tahoes before but it has never been profitable enough if you don't mind me asking what are/did you pay for it?

rayexim

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for your reply. I brought 2 subaru foresters one for myself and the other one for my wife from US in 2008. I paid tax at the border and everything went well. I would have saved around 8000 dollars. The way the warranty works for subaru is straightforward. You pay upfront for the warranty work and send the invoice by email and subaru america sends you a cheque by post.

I am yet to buy a Tahoe. My main question before I buy one is how does the warranty work for Chevy is it fully covered or do we have to send the bill to Chevy america to claim it.

Thanks in advance

kntrydr

Reaction score
Like I said I haven't brought back any tahoes yet mainly bmw's and Mercedes but I would think its covered all the same your best bet would be to call your local chev dealer and ask they should be able to tell you what's what. Last year I had a issue with a new chev truck I was driving down to Florida and the dealer I took it to in North Carolina fixed it under warr. it didn't cost me a thing so I would figure it would be the same going the other way