replaced radio, now no lights? wtf...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kottkamp44

Reaction score
so I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe, Ive replaced the factory cd player with a unit from Alpine, I did use the appropriate wiring harness from Crutchfield but I've noticed that there were one set of wires were not hooked up when done with my install and now I can see that my driving lights (daytime running lamps) are no longer working, coulod this be something that is connected to those wires that werent hooked up? Im out of ideas please help

EMF Audio

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DRL's have nothing to do with the radio. Were the wires not connected the orange or orange and white stripe? If so, those are for illumination and dimmer, both of which do things based on ground or 12v trigger. If you short the wire it will cause the dash lights to go out, which may be on the same fuse as the DRL's but I doubt it. Do your dash lights work? If not, check fuses and make sure the wire is isolated in the dash. If they do work, it's unrelated.