Motor work very soon need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

needhelp02tahoe

Reaction score
hello there everyone as you can see by my title I will be doing so motor work in a very short amount of time. first of let me give you all some info on my rig. I have a 02 Tahoe z71 with the 5.3l I have a full Boral duel exhaust six in cold air intake by spectra and that's it as far as power adders this is my daily driver and she has 198k on the ticker. well to get to the point a few months ago I noticed a small lifter tick for about 3-5 seconds when first started it in the morning so my first thought change oil witch I do religiously anyway so I did and I added Lucius oil stabilizer to my castro gtx full sen oil well it persisted to do it so before next oil change I sea foamed it that didn't work either. and so I lived with it not smart on my end and last month I was told I was needed in Kentucky on a job so I packed up and headed out well on the way out here pulling the 7500lb trailer the tick got worse and lasted longer and every time she was started so now I know I have a failing of failed lifter and im looking to replace them all and cam as well do to it is the smart thing to do can any one offer me a direction on a good cam and lifter kit thank you all for ur time and input

needhelp02tahoe

Reaction score
Yeah I have since ordered all the parts just waiting on them to show up so I can tear in to it and ill be posting lots of pics

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it got louder it may be rod knock. I was fooled by that and replaced the lifters.