No power to accy ports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dstadnick

Reaction score
I have a 2000 tahoe lt with 3 accy ports in the front and one the back seat. None of them are working. Checked and changed fuses even though they looked fine. Sometimes the port designated for the cigarette lighter works. Does anyone know if there is something other than fuses that might cause this? Is there a relay? Common wiring failure? Not sure where to start.

dstadnick

Reaction score
No i haven't figured it out. First i tried a phone charger with a light. Then a test light. Then a meter. Tried different ground points elsewhere on the truck assuming the ground is broken somewhere. Not getting anything. Probably broken wire or something under the dash. I really don't feel like pulling apart the dash. Looks like im gonna have to though. Selling the truck now. Just picked up an '11 Yukon last week so i need to fix the little things on the hoe to sell.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you had the meter or test light grounded did you test them on a know good battery source to see if you had a good ground... you might want to get a long jumper lead with alligator clips on both ends then go to the negative side of the battery to test the connector on the orange wire terminal on back of the power outlet then if thats good connect it to the positive side of the battery to test the ground side of the connector terminal black wire that way at least you know what circuit to chase.. I recommend using the test light

dstadnick

Reaction score
Hey, tried what you said. Grounds were good just no juice. So I opened up the load center under the hood. Flipped open the fuse box so I could see all the wires underneath and started probing around. Tried to fugure out which wires went to the aux fuse. Didnt have any luck and gave up. Then went back to the cab and tested the ports and they had power. So I guess there was probably just a dirty connection under the fuse box and when I moved the wires they made connection again.

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the front panel of and check the connectors and make sure they are secure. If they are and it still isn't working check for power at the connectors.