08 tailgate window/hatch outside switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgolin

Reaction score
Hi All,

The button on outside of tailgate that pops open the rear window has a rubber boot that has broken.

I have searched all over for a replacement. Is the boot itself what I should be looking for or the whole switch.

The switch is just to right of backup camera, and I have not been able to get the pannel off to get a PN off switch.

I removed all inside trim from inside vehicle tailgate per instructions on replacing factory original backup camera but still no luck.

Before I go further I wanted to verify this is not just a rubber boot that is replaced from outside.

Any PN's that would fit an 08 would be appreciated.

mgolin

Reaction score
re

How about this one.

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # DS2180 Terminal Gender: Male; Direct OE Replacement; Number of Terminals: 2; Mounting Location: Trunk; Connector Gender: Female
Window Release

If this is right switch for 08, does anyone have the instructions

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1433255&parttype=4732&ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=pc2dh6mup298fcpmk9uiqdaq26

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 lift gate window swith

Yes you need to get the entire switch from a Chevy/GM dealer.. the trick is you need a pick set available at Harbour frieght tools... open the lift gate to where you can see the switch then with the pick that is sum what twisted get it between the switch and the body and lightly pry it out now this is the tricky part get the straight pick and use it to disconnect the connector because the connecror is slightly bigger then the hole the switch sits in with the connector inside the hole use the hook pick to help hold in place to connect new switch. .. hope that helps