My truck is sitting uneven

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walk96

Reaction score
Sorry I posted this in the wrong section but I have a 99 Tahoe that sits lower in the rear then the front and its really noticeable to me and when i hook my motorcycle trailer to the truck it get even worst so what can I do to fix this or help it out, I then replaced the shocks on the back

walk96

Reaction score
Might sound crazy but i didn't think they went bad

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be Springs, or the possibility of having the front Torsion Bar Rods cranked?

Some Tahoes-Suburbans ran level, and I've seen some that did indeed look higher in the front.

Another option could be something like Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs/Bags added to the rear. I have these on my own '97, and they were no mistake, a wise addition. They've been on my Tahoe a good 11-12 years with absolutely no problems.

They are fairly easy enough for any shade tree mechanic to install in an afternoon, takes about 2-3 hours. One Upper Bracket mounts to the Chassis, the lower to the Axle. Simple quick connect Air Lines with Shrader Valves which can be routed to a convenient location to fill with air.

I ran the two individual air lines along the rear chassis rails and mounted the Shrader Valves right onto my Chassis Mounted Trailer Hitch. Or, I think the two lines can be combined, via a T Fitting, that both Bags will fill at the same time with the need of only 1 Shrader Valve. I chose to use 2, one line for each Air Bag.

One can go further with such, with an onboard 12V Compressor which can inflate-deflate the Air Bags on the fly.

These are something that won't murder your ride, like heavy duty Springs will, adds stability, will easily level your vehicle, making it safer, and also much better aesthetics as far as looks.

They can take up to 100psi, and you simply add air till your vehicle rides level.

These work very well, similar are used on Motorhomes, OTR Semi Tractors, and Trailers, and being a mechanic for Amtrak for 30 years, the Superliner 1 Bi-Level Passenger Cars used to use the same brand Firestone Air Bags for the Bolster Spring-Secondary Suspension on these Cars. I know, I used to install them when needed, and maintain such cars years ago.
Mark

Last edited: