battery overkill ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

getonerd

Reaction score
i doin an small system in my 96 hoe

i getting a yellow top im thinking about getting 2 HC600 im just wondering will this work or be overkill and im be using the stock alt

3-12 lanzar 12 MAXd
2 sets of 6.5 comps
kicker ZX500
Kicker DX125.2 x2

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to look into getting a second battery, and running the system of it directly. I ran a 1000 watt set up, full system off a Yellow Top and ended up "killing" it. Caps are always good though too.

Jaymike44

Reaction score
I would up grade to a HO alt and do the big 3 because the factory alt only gives between 100-140 amps. (some models have the 140 alt) I done some research and found out that my system pulls 118 amps when im running it and my stock alt only gave me 105 amps. If yours is pulling significant power them ur gonna burn that stock alt up trying to charge two batteries.

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jay you gotta stop necro-posting, this topic is over a year old, let it lie

HoeSPL

Reaction score
skip the yellow top and the kinetik hc600. i HIGHLY recommend just putting a xs power d3100 under the hood. will be much better than a yellow top and hc600 combined. Will be fine on the stock alt, just use some 1/0 wire to do the big three.