Cargo mat idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little tip that might be useful. I use my Tahoe to carry radio controlled model airplanes that might leak oil or fuel so I wanted something to protect the cargo area. I started looking for something that was 4' x 6' but when at Lowe's I found some Blue Hawk utility mats that were 3' x 4' with a rubber backing and a brown/tan carpeting that matched the interior of my new 2015 Tahoe. If I have the middle row up, I just place one on top of the other and when the middle row is down, I pull one up to cover the entire area. If I do have to put up the 3rd row, they just roll up behind the 3rd row.

jmitchell

Reaction score
Can you post some pictures? I'd love to see something that would work for the power folding 3rd row now and still have good coverage.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post some pictures? I'd love to see something that would work for the power folding 3rd row now and still have good coverage.

I will try and get some up in the next day or two. But it turned to be as simple as buying two 3'x4' mats instead of buying one 4'x6' and having to fold it over when the middle seats are up. When the middle row is up I just put one on top of another. When the middle row seats are down I just slide the top map up. The Blue Hawk mats I found at Lowes are heavy enough you can move them around from the side.There is a little gap on each side but only an inch or two. I have the Cocoa/Dune interior and the mats match the color perfectly.

Understand this is for when the 3rd row is folded down, though they will roll up behind the 3rd row seats.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here are the pictures you asked for. The mats have a black rubber border. In the picture with the middle row seats up, the top mat is pulled up to cover the entire cargo area. In the pictures with the middle row down, the top mat is pulled up to cover the front area. There is no sag in the front mat because there is a piece of plywood over the gap between the middle row seats.

Attachments

• IMG_9511-a.jpg
    IMG_9511-a.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9512-a.jpg
    IMG_9512-a.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9513-a.jpg
    IMG_9513-a.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 62

amtronic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate for stuff to slide around in the back. I went to Home Depot and got a couple of storage bins with lids. I measured the space and got two that fit pretty snug side by side. Now I can toss whatever I buy into the bins, and carry it all into the house in one trip. With the high sides, even if anything spills it is all contained in the bin.

Mervber

Reaction score
3rd row delete

Does anyone know if you can delete third row seats in the new tahoe? I went to dealership with intent of purchasing a 2015 ,the third row folded down plus the useless storage unit takes almost six inches out of rear bay hight. Salesperson not much help.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can delete third row seats in the new tahoe? I went to dealership with intent of purchasing a 2015 ,the third row folded down plus the useless storage unit takes almost six inches out of rear bay hight. Salesperson not much help.

I really doubt you can delete them. I know you lose some height but for me it was trade off to get the flat floor. I know in 2001 the 3rd row was option but I guess so many wanted the 3rd row it was easier to built them all that way. They follow what the customers want, at one time they offered a 6.2L engine but hardly anyone ordered it, so they dropped it.

jmitchell

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures that seems to work great. I am debating getting a set of Husky liners at this point for the entire vehicle. I have never been a fan of liners but I'm sick of using towels everywhere and too small of rubber floor mats.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I made it clear but the bottom of the mats are rubber so anything spilled will not soak through to the vehicle carpet.

CTcarnut

Reaction score
Thank-you for the great idea wblankley. We are picking up a new 2015 LT Tahoe this Saturday and have been looking for the perfect way to protect it's beautiful interior from the Great Dane that travels in it 6 days a week to & from work. 99% of the time, 2nd and 3rd row are in the down position.

Does anybody have experience with the Husky liners? Specifically the "3rd seat Floor Liner?"

Jake01

Reaction score
I will try and get some up in the next day or two. But it turned to be as simple as buying two 3'x4' mats instead of buying one 4'x6' and having to fold it over when the middle seats are up. When the middle row is up I just put one on top of another. When the middle row seats are down I just slide the top map up. The Blue Hawk mats I found at Lowes are heavy enough you can move them around from the side.There is a little gap on each side but only an inch or two. I have the Cocoa/Dune interior and the mats match the color perfectly.

Understand this is for when the 3rd row is folded down, though they will roll up behind the 3rd row seats.

That's a good idea but I have buckets in the second row so it'll sag in the middle between them...right?

CTcarnut

Reaction score
@wblakeney
@Jake01

I used @wblakeney's BLUE HAWK mat idea with some custom cut plywood to ensure the interior of my Dad's 2015 Tahoe stays as dog hair free as humanly possible. Even if @Jake01 has the 2nd row captain's chairs, if you put a piece of plywood across the seat backs, the door mat won't sag.

I also just installed the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd row HUSKY LINERS and can tell you they fit perfectly.

Jake01

Reaction score
@wblakeney
@Jake01

I used @wblakeney's BLUE HAWK mat idea with some custom cut plywood to ensure the interior of my Dad's 2015 Tahoe stays as dog hair free as humanly possible. Even if @Jake01 has the 2nd row captain's chairs, if you put a piece of plywood across the seat backs, the door mat won't sag.

I also just installed the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd row HUSKY LINERS and can tell you they fit perfectly.

Very good ctcarnut. Another great idea.

I guess I am as dumb as I look!

Dante9121

Reaction score
you cannot delete them, but, you can remove them. Not an enjoyable experience but they can be removed