Hitch Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tur660

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a hitch cover from scratch? Any advice on how you did this or instruction sheet that came with kit would help. Thank You. :waytogo: Ron

tur660

Reaction score
My LT did not come with a hitch cover nor the mounting hardware at the top or bottom. Do I need to drill and tap holes at the top for the bracket that the cover slides into and drill and tap holes on the bottom for the twist lock inserts? Does anyone have the instruction sheet if there is one? Thanks for the help. Ron

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LT did not come with a hitch cover nor the mounting hardware at the top or bottom. Do I need to drill and tap holes at the top for the bracket that the cover slides into and drill and tap holes on the bottom for the twist lock inserts? Does anyone have the instruction sheet if there is one? Thanks for the help. Ron

I would be surprised if it was not already set up for it with the holes for the twist locks. Easier to make all the bumpers the same. While it comes with the LTZ, it is a dealer add on for other models.Just stop by a Chevy dealer and ask. MSRP is $110 and I am sure they will install it for that price. I am sure the twist locks come with the cover.

tur660

Reaction score
Ok hitch cover assembly is just the cover and two quarter turn screws. To put it on from not having one you will also need the top plastic piece the cover slips into with six rivets and six backup plates also the two u-clips for the quarter turn screws at the bottom. The kit that is sold for 110.00 is not the complete kit its just sold if yours falls off or it gets stolen. After all parts are obtained its a simple install. I may put u channel rubber all around the cover just to keep dust out and vibration down.

jjaaam

Reaction score
Ok hitch cover assembly is just the cover and two quarter turn screws. To put it on from not having one you will also need the top plastic piece the cover slips into with six rivets and six backup plates also the two u-clips for the quarter turn screws at the bottom. The kit that is sold for 110.00 is not the complete kit its just sold if yours falls off or it gets stolen. After all parts are obtained its a simple install. I may put u channel rubber all around the cover just to keep dust out and vibration down.

I just ordered this for my LT. I guess I'm gonna wait and see if it comes with the extra mount hardware.

If it doesn't, where do I get it? Also, are there installation instructions anywhere?

tur660

Reaction score
Mount for cover

I could not find the part# on the net,so I went to a chevy dealer to look up part and ordered it. I do not think there was instructions with it. It was a easy install every thing makes sense. You will need pop rivets and a rivet tool. The top of the cover slips into this part. If you have a problem go to a dealer that has a LTZ take the cover off and look at how it attaches to the truck. Also get the lower clips.