Initial thoughts on my 2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoyaTerp

Reaction score
I just acquired my 4th Chevy Tahoe (i.e., 1996, 2003, 2007 and now, 2015). I bought the LTZ model (highest trim level) with the Sun Entertainment package (i.e., sunroof and rear seat entertainment system) and active cruise control, and the price retailed for around $68,500.00. I did, however, manage to negotiate it down to $62,500.00, including destination charges. My wife has a Range Rover HSE Sport (a better comparison than the LR4, in my opinion), which costs a good bit more than my Tahoe. Although I have my biases, in my opinion, the Tahoe blows away the Range Rover or any other luxury SUV for that matter when you compare the features and quality against the price you pay. The exterior looks aggressive, yet stylish, while the interior compares well to almost any luxury car I have sat in, including Mercedes Benz and BMW—especially with the captain’s chairs in the second row of seats. It drives and handles like a luxury sedan (e.g., 0-60 in about 7.0 seconds)—not a truck, and boasts a tighter turning radius than my last Tahoe. I love the safety features and the electronics, including the connectivity (USB ports all over the interior), and my son loves the BluRay DVD which he can control with a separate remote control. Don’t worry parents, he can watch and listen to a movie through the wireless headphones while you listen to your own music in the front. The designers have carefully thought out almost every detail, big and small, so I think those looking for a full sized luxury SUV without paying for a MB or Range Rover should seriously consider this vehicle. You would not be “settling†by any means. Those who complain about gas mileage, though improved slightly over my 2007, do not belong in a Tahoe (or Suburban).

amtronic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase! Need pictures please!

Nelrock

Reaction score
Jury is still out for me.
I've personally not been impressed with the workmanship...not for the price. I've had mine about 3 weeks and I've had it back in 4 times to point out flaws. From...torn stitching in on of the seat covers. The leather, below the rear temp control, is bubbled. There a couple haze spots on the hood...where...it almost looks like suction cups were attached...that I've been unable to buff out. The trim around the nav unit isn't flush.

I do like it...and Chevy is working with me to get the repairs...I was just expecting better quality for the price.

mjpopp

Reaction score
Like mine. Just wish the ride was softer. Looking to dump my 20's for 18's or 17's

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over 10,000 miles now, and still loving it. My other vehicles are new BMWs, 2015 7 series, 2014 M6 Gran Coupe, and this truck compares with the luxury level of these cars. It is actually quieter inside and more comfortable for long trips.

I drive from LA to Vegas and LA to Northern AZ 2x a month, I usually take the Tahoe for those trips. I average 20-22 mpg, average speed 80-85mph. My 2015 Tahoe is a 4x4.

Sable2016

Reaction score
Just bought a 2016 Tahoe LT. Disappointment abounds. Traded in my 2013 Avalanche and, there is no comparison. First off, there is some type of flutter at various speeds(low or medium) that causes my ears to feel like being in an airplane or underwater. I had 3 different dealer reps to drive it, they heard the same thing,but, gave me bunches of reasons why ,and, that it could be fixed. It is not the tires or anything like I have ever experienced. The service rep says it is NORMAL. They are replacing the tires with Michellin in the next 2 weeks as a solution. I tried to give it back within 24 hours,but, no deal. So, I am trying to make the best of one of my poorer choices in 50 years of buying cars. Now, I try to bring up a NAV screen like all the rest of my GM cars,but, your only choice, it appears, is OnStar. So, if you want NAV, you gotta keep paying OnStar forever. I like to use a NAV screen as a street map to see th surrounding areas,but, I guess that is gone. Bring out the GPS or paper maps. Any else experience this latest GM snafu? thanks