Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdavidc

Reaction score
Ordering a 2015 Tahoe LTZ on Monday --- Black with Mahogany. This will replace the 2008 my wife drives. Are the Remote starters any better in 2015 or do I still need to add a better one ( factory or after market ) . In 2008 we added the range extender as the factory remote had a pretty short distance. What distance do the new ones have and what are my best options.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordering a 2015 Tahoe LTZ on Monday --- Black with Mahogany. This will replace the 2008 my wife drives. Are the Remote starters any better in 2015 or do I still need to add a better one ( factory or after market ) . In 2008 we added the range extender as the factory remote had a pretty short distance. What distance do the new ones have and what are my best options.

I can't answer about the remote. However, if you get the smartphone OnStar Remotelink app, you can start it from it. That should be from just about anywhere.

https://www.onstar.com/web/portal/connectionsexplore?tab=2&g=1

jstein1990

Reaction score
I've had pretty good luck. I can stand at the exit of Walmart and start mine way in the back of the parking lot with no problem.

krmullins

Reaction score
I have noticed the range to be approximately 50 yards. Like the first post suggests, I highly recommend using the Onstar Remote Link.

It is free for five years if you are not an Onstar subscriber and free indefinitely if you are a subscriber. The range is unlimited with the app.

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions or need additional information, please let me know.

Thanks,

KRM