exhaust or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stealibg

Reaction score
I got the 5.3 4cl/8cl tahoe.....curious if exhaust would make it sound bad when it switches to 4cl?

I heard these don't sound well with exhaust, because of the cly changes...thoughts?

Last edited:

mickey5

Reaction score
As I noted in my thread there is a rumble in V4 mode that to me is very annoying. A reply I got on another forum indicated he put an aftermarket exhaust on a '12 Camaro SS with paddle shift and the drone in V4 mode was "horrible"

TonyX

Reaction score
Borla Cat-Back System

I'm thinking about installing the Borla stainless cat-back system in my 2015 Tahoe, but also am worried about the drone when it switches to 4 cylinder mode.

It's the same system they use for the Silverado. There's a YouTube video that you can watch on the Borla site. The sound is great when in 8 cylinder mode.

mickey5

Reaction score
Since I discovered that shifting the trans into M5 which locks it into V8 mode the rumble is gone. Gas mileage around town in M5 is unchanged from V4 at 15-16 MPG. I never checked it at highway cruising speeds as I shift it back to V4 above 50 where the rumble is tolerable. A recent trip from Jersey to Florida at a constant 70 MPH in V4 yielded an average of 27 MPH on I95.