The little green car.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found the little green car at the bottom of the info screen telling there is a car in front of you useful? I can see where it might be in foggy conditions

tahoeforever

Reaction score
I know its in the manual somewhere, but I didn't know what the little green car meant. If thats what it means, is there anyway to tell when you are in V4 versus V8 mode??

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the trip A or B info screen, in the bottom right corner it shows V4 or V8. At least that is on my LTZ.

horst6059

Reaction score
Green car is part of the collision detection system. Turns yellow when you get closer and you will get three red dots on the wind shield when you get really close. V8/V4 shows up in the SIX when you display fuel mileage.

stealibg

Reaction score
What models is this on? I have the LS and have not seen a single mention of this.

sharper4

Reaction score
My LT model has the green car. Its part of the front collision warning system. When it sees a car in front of you, its green. When that vehicle gets closer and leaves you less-than-normal time to respond, it turns yellow to warn you that you're a little close. When you need to take action now, red LEDs will display in the windshield warning you to watch out and brake.

You can set the sensitivity via the button on your steering column.