rear speakers wont work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99chevytahoe

Reaction score
So i recently installed a jvc heaf unit and a sub and power amp. All i did was splice the wiring hsrness to get it to work. My front speakers work but my two back door ones are fuzzy and the rear side doors by the back seats dont work at all. Im not sure whether they are blown or if i need to by pass the factory amp

keek007

Reaction score
i just picked up a 99 4 door and it already had a jvc deck in it but none of the speakers worked. so i replaced the 6.5 in each door with a three way pioneer and only the front worked. so i ran new speaker wires from the deck and ran it under the interior panels and carpet and into the doors. after that i found out that there were a pair of 4x10's in the rear roof so i plan to run an amp ( amp wireing including rcas already done when i got it ) and use the amp to run a pair of 6x9's in place of the 4x10's, and one 12 inch sub with a crossover. the 12 is going to go into a cabinet im making to fit where the jack and tools were stored in the left side compartment. ill be running new wires to the 6x9s from the amp so i wont need the factory amp anyway. i have read about using jumper wires to either bypass the factory amp, or splice it in to make it run the rest of the speakers on the factory wireing. iv installed hundreds of systems big and small in all kinds of vehicles over the years and i prefer new wireing where i can cause its new, i can trust it will last if done right. i just installed a siren where the factory cd player was in the dash and will be building a wood center console to replace the factory one but ill be adding a radio and switch panel rack with more power options. its going to have to get a dule battery kit and high amp alternator down the road when i add a winch and other electronics, lights ect. may get brave and add an under hood welder if i can round up the scratch. anyway im rambeling. the amp being used just to run the factory stuff fine but aftermarket always has better sound to me

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, you are going to need to post pictures to document your progress on this.... Sounds interesting.... Stock Alternator should put out either 105A, 124A or 140A depending upon which one you have.... If you have factory rear air you probably have the 140A...

keek007

Reaction score
well i have started taking pics but dont have the 6x9's yet or a new amp yet. family priorities lol. anyway i mounted the siren in the dash hole that the factory cd player went in and have my better jvc deck in now. iv got the wires ran for everything just have to get the 6x9 speakers and make the sub box and hook it all up