FM Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setme31

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! I'm just curious if anyone else is having problems with static when listening to FM. We have a new FM sports station in Chicago that is at the lowest possible FM dial (87.7). My old Tahoe (2004) and every other car I have been in sounds normal on this station. In my new 2015 Tahoe LT, the station is full of static.

My Tahoe is having the recalls performed on it today, so I have a 2014 Equinox as a loaner. The station comes in crystal clear with this car.

krmullins

Reaction score
I have not had any issues with static with my Tahoe. I hope this information helps. I would run this by the Dealer to see if there is an electrical problem.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please let me know.

Thanks,

KRM

badchad77

Reaction score
Same problem listening to 87.7. I come into the city from the south suburbs and station gets cleared the closer I get to downtown in 2015 Suburban. Was clear as could be in my 2010 F150.

vinnieee

Reaction score
I had a 2011 Silverado LTZ that had the static issue with most stations, so I took it to the dealer and both times they said the stereo was fine. Just traded it to them for the 2015 Tahoe.

xak6294

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my new Tahoe. It is going back Tuesday for that, lift gate button on overhead console not working, and tonight need to bring up the fact that my climate control display went out. Recycled ignition and the climate control lighting came back on. Did not lose functionality of climate control, just no lower temp display and lighting.

My wife is grumbling about the FM radio, I only listen to XM, but did surf through the stations and the reception is unacceptable.

Homelink transmitter for garage door also has poor range? My 2014 Sierra will open from way up the street, but Tahoe has to be in driveway right in front of garage door.

I will repost if the dealer comes up with any big solutions.

vinnieee

Reaction score
This is a guess, but could the bad reception with the radio (static) could it be caused by the wifi from cell phone(s) in the vehicle? Try turning the wifi off with your cell phone and drive around and see if the static is gone.