Hitch Receiver Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setme31

Reaction score
I'm coming from a 2004 Tahoe, and I only needed a 2" drop to obtain a level trailer. How big of a drop are you guys using on the 2015 Tahoes? I've heard of people using a 7 3/4" drop, and that sounds crazy to me.

krmullins

Reaction score
You do not need that large of a drop unless you have the 22 inch wheels. I had to make a 3 inch adjustment for my 2015 Tahoe versus the 2013.

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions or need additional information, please let me know.

Thanks,

KRM

krmullins

Reaction score
It was 3 inches more of a drop due to having larger wheels. I hope this information helps.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please let me know.

Thanks,

KRM

ralphtt1

Reaction score
So, with the 20" wheels I should be able to get by with the same hitch I used on my 2013 LTZ?

Guess I need to hook up and see for myself . . . :)

Since I got the '15 haven't needed to use the trailer . . .

setme31

Reaction score
If you had to move 3" from your 2013 to your 2015, then I will have a much bigger drop than that. I'm coming from a 2004 which had the hitch below the bumper. It also had 17" wheels. I'll have to get the tape measure out this weekend.

If I understand this correctly, I need to measure from the top of the receiver to the bottom of the trailer coupler in order to determine drop length.

mjpopp

Reaction score
Going from 2004 to 2015 I had to change from upside down to a 6 inch drop. Over 8" hitch height difference.

OLDBADBOB

Reaction score
using 5-1/4" drop

Have 2015 Tahoe LT, 20" tires w/auto leveling rear air shocks. After trying 3 different drops ended up with 5-1/4" drop to be level with my boat trailer and travel trailer