Order Picked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late last week, we got word our order was "picked" by Chevy and we have a target production date for the week of October 13th :headbang::headbang:

Yes, we are excited!!

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered on 9/5 still in Preliminary status.

What trim level are you getting? Ours is a pretty basic one, as we didn't want leather seats and really didn't care about some of the doo-dads they're putting in cars these days.

Our dealer told us when our order was picked that there were options and/or trim levels that were constrained. If I remember correctly he said the LTZ model was constrained....

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LT trim
Navigation
20" wheels
Luxury package
2nd row buckets

White with tan

xak6294

Reaction score
My order went in 9/8 still waiting on a date as well. Told 6-8 weeks at order, but looks like it will be longer. It is an LTZ, so may be held up. Saw on other forum where there may be some mid year upgrades. If delayed, I hope I at least get the new features.

xak6294

Reaction score
Have you talked to your dealer? The day after my last post my dealer called and said I have a production date of next week (10/13). I have not been able to track my order on chevrolet.com link. My dealer sent me a print out of their order build schedule. My order went in a few days after yours. Hope to take delivery around 1st of Nov.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealer, no info available. I keep checking inventory at other dealers hoping to find one.

xak6294

Reaction score
If you have your order number from your dealer you can do the online chat at chevrolet.com and they will give you the status of your order. If your dealer can't/won/t tell you they can. Your order number is a six letter sequence

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried that, they said to try again in a few weeks. Spoke to dealer today, they said most likely by next week.

If I find another dealer with my color and options I will get it there.

6 weeks in now.

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

Well, GM evidently missed our target production week....

Because our Tahoe is already built and is in the shipping process :chewie:

Waiting on paperwork and for it to show up at the dealer. Conventional logic would imply that since the assembly plant is only 4 hours away, it should be here any day. However, who knows how long it will actually take...

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I've ever had this happen before.... The car arrives before all the paperwork is finalized. Yep, the Tahoe showed up at the dealer today.

While we're excited about it arriving, I'm now scrambling trying to get everything done so we can drive it off the lot...

Tobh415

Reaction score
Website

I ordered mine back in July and received the order number from the dealer. Every time I tried to enter it on the website it never recognized it. I had to call the number and they had to look it up for me. I called a lot and told me every step from when they started building it, To what city it was in on the train, To when the truck picked it up at the railroad station, To exactly when it would be delivered at the dealer. Their customer service was Great. It was just their website was never updated.

xak6294

Reaction score
Same deal as NowakPE. Was told it was built Tuesday and it was on my dealer lot in central MO on Thursday. They installed some dealer installed options and I drove it home Friday night. Really like it but, FM radio reception is awful and the overhead console switch for rear liftgate does not work. Big bonus on it, it had all the mid year upgrades on it when it showed up! Dealer did not even know about them.

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this courtesy delivery has turned out to be a real nightmare. I won't bore you with all the details, but we finally get to pick up our new Tahoe this afternoon.

Last edited: