Washed and waxed my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg_tahoe2015

Reaction score
Nothing too complicated. Just Meguiars Gold class soap and Meguiar's Gold Plus Carnuba liquid wax. I don't use any abrasives or polishes. Just a simple wash/wax. I plan on washing and putting a 2nd coat on focusing on the hood and hard to reach areas like the roof. My vehicle is parked outside my apt exposed to elements.

10612597_10101535206750267_8216321330833096688_n.jpg

10687160_10101531053363687_7626776866631197515_n.jpg

Anyone washed/waxed their Tahoe yet? What do you use and how often do you wash/wax?

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once our weather warms up a little, we'll be doing the first wax on ours. I'll be washing some road grime off of it later today (my wife just returned from a long road trip). For wax, I prefer Zaino (look it up on the net as it isn't in stores). I got turned on to it from fellow Corvette enthusiasts and after trying many other products several years ago. The newer product is improved over the stuff I first used, but gives a very nice, deep shine. Adding multiple layers, gives you and even deeper shine. I initially put two "top coats" on. Then I added another coat, or two, periodically after a good wash - like right before attending a Vette Club function or show.

Now, as good as Zaino is at protecting your paint, there is an even better product for protection. It is called Rejex (Amazon is your friend here). This stuff is basically equivalent to the was used on the noses of commercial aircraft. A couple coats of this will last a year. The benefit of using this is clean up. It makes washing real easy - even bug guts don't stick. You can practically wipe most stuff off with a damp rag.

With our first real good cleaning of our new Tahoe (when it gets a little warmer), I'll apply two "top coats" of Zaino, wait a day, then two coats of Rejex. About a year later, I'll do a good wash again (to strip any residual Rejex off), add another coat of Zaino, then two coats of Rejex. This will be my plan....

vinnieee

Reaction score
Don't forget to clay the vehicle after washing and before waxing. You will be amazed at the dirt the clay takes off the paint after washing. I use Griot's Garage speed shine and clay system. Also, I use their wax and buffer.