Heated seat question with remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinnieee

Reaction score
When I remote start my truck the heated seats don't warmup. I checked in settings and found that the remote heated seats was check for on, what gives? Does the temperature need to be below 30 degrees?

ralphtt1

Reaction score
I have noticed the same thing and have the same question. C'mon you guys in the far north . . . can you shed some light on this question for those of us in the deep south . . . ?? :Frustrated:

vinnieee

Reaction score
Well it was below 30 this morning and they still didn't come on. Must be something wrong. I have another call into the dealer to see what's up.

vinnieee

Reaction score
Okay, I did not hear back from my dealership, so I contacted the On Star advisor from the app. The On Star advisor said that the app when using the remote start will not turn on the heated seats, it only turns on the vehicle. She did say that the key fob remote start will not only turn on the vehicle, but will start the heated seats, so she referred me to a GM advisor named Daniel.

Now Daniel said the remote start should turn-on the heated seats when 50 degrees or below, but he read that there is a problem with the senor for that process is next to the engine and may be part of the problem (the heat from the engine may affect the senor). He also said that the dealership will need to reprogram the module (to change the calculations I think). The bulletin referred to the vin number had a letter, then build date of vehicle (before break date and after break date, I think) will tell the dealership how to reprogram the module. Hopefully, I will hear from the dealership Monday, since it's getting cold out there.

vinnieee

Reaction score
Goes to the dealership on November 21st to get reprogramming done the the module will turn on the heated seats when the temp is below 50. The transfer case recall the dealer said they may not be able to do that but I will find out on Friday night.

jmitchell

Reaction score
I am assuming this was covered under warranty? Do you have the TSB that was issued for this so that I can go to my dealer with the same issue and have the TSB ready? Thanks

vinnieee

Reaction score
Sorry the rep from GM didn't give me a TSB. I even checked his email to me and no TSB

jmitchell

Reaction score
I confirmed last night that upon remote start with the key FOB that the seats come on but just barely (not like late models - used to be hot hot). As for remote start with OnStar, the seats do not come on at all.

vinnieee

Reaction score
I confirmed last night that upon remote start with the key FOB that the seats come on but just barely (not like late models - used to be hot hot). As for remote start with OnStar, the seats do not come on at all.

Okay, so yours is working with key fob. Mine does not even with key fob and the truck runs until it shuts off and the seats are still ice cold, so it's going back to the dealership November 21st.

PokerMunkee

Reaction score
Can you also have the remote start turn on the heated steering wheel, cooled seats, and front/rear defrost based on outside temp? Have this in my Taurus SHO and love it.

vinnieee

Reaction score
Update: after the bulletin for recalibration of the computer for my 2015 Tahoe heated seats. It works, but not like they used to in the 2011. The dealership said the way the heated coils are designed now are further spaced apart and they are thicker, but they also don't come all the way to the front of the seat, they are now in a smaller area of the seat. There is another bulletin for a recalibration for the transfer case, but I don't know if they did that one. Each recalibration of the computer takes about 45 minutes the dealership said.

Sorry, but I don't have bulletin numbers for anyone since my paper work was not done when I picked up my Hoe on Friday. They are mailing me the paper work, so if the bulletin numbers are on it I will post them here.

Vincent

setme31

Reaction score
When you say it works, does that mean it works with the key fab and the Onstar RemoteLink app?

vinnieee

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't clear - it works now with key fob only. The app I am told by OnStar will not start the heated seats just turns on the truck.

vinnieee

Reaction score
GM Service request number is 71-1388161532 and Pit 25240B.

Now that its 20 degrees or lower outside I now go out to my Hoe and put the key in and start the truck and press the heated seat button. I know, I am leaving my truck open to theft, but it is the only way those heated seats work (its like being in the '80's again). Hopefully some day I will get a accounting job in Florida or Texas and the heated seats won't matter anymore. Good luck.