Memory Seat - Memory Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think this feature is broken?

I have the Memory Recall set to ON in the settings.

I programmed Seat Setting #1 to my driving position , and programmed the EXIT button to move the seat back and the steering wheel up.

So what happens.......

I get to my destination, shut off the Tahoe, and open the door....

WALA the seat moves back and the steering wheel moves in and up.

Wonderful, I now have all this space to get out of the car.

Now here is the problem....

When I get back to the Tahoe and open the door, The Memory Recall kicks in and the seat moves to my driving position !!!!

Now I don't have all the room to get in the car.

The MEMORY RECALL should not kick in until I start the vehicle.

The seat moving before you get into the Tahoe defeats this whole setting.

gtfd2

Reaction score
Turn the memory recall off. When you get in vehicle start car then push the button for your setting #1 seat will move.

I don't like it either. My corvette moves automatically when start button is pushed and foot is off the brake.

DraganHawk

Reaction score
I too have the same issue. It makes no sense! My 2006 STS-V had when I sit down and press the start button, then everything moved to my setting. This makes no sense that 9 years later on a $70K+ vehicle GM couldn't use 9 year old technology. I have to do: get ready................get set........go!!! open the door and jump in while seat is moving forward and steering wheel moving down. lol

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use easy exit all the time. I did have a problem until I turned memory recall. My one complaint is the memory switches are in a bad place even being 6' it is hard to reach when the seat is back. Also in daylight they can be hard to see. I have hit the program first by mistake then slid up to the 1 button and programed it to the exit setting

Dogwood02

Reaction score
fdnyfish is correct. In my Trailblazer the Memory seat could be selected to move when the driver wanted it to moved such as at "Key In". The system in my 2015 Tahoe is pretty stupid. I think the best thing to do is not use the easy out system at all. This scheme will require me to erase the easy out memory settings. I can still move the seat back before exiting using the switch on the seat. But it will move back to the driving position before I can get back in. Thanks a lot Chevy engineers.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using the easy out only, and have disabled the memory recall feature, I now have to hit a button on a $64,000 truck every time I drive.

I just filled out a customer survey sent to me by Chevy. If my answers don't que them to phone me, I don't think they will call anyone based on the survey.

I have a list of things that don't work, I actually went to another dealer today to try to offload my Tahoe. I would take too much of a hit, so I'm stuck with it. Never again will I buy an American car.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like A Pilot doing my Pre-Drive Checklist....

Push button to start Car - Check
Push Button to move seat to desired position - Check
Push button to turn on heated seat - Check
Push button to turn on heated steering when - Check
Push button to put on Heat/AC - Check
Push Button to open Garage Door - Check

All ready for takeoff !!!

WiredAVS

Reaction score
2016 does not follow this protocol.
Easy Exit On:
Vehicle off/Open door> seat moves to exit.
Remote Start or No remote Start>Unlock door>Open door>Sit>Push to start> Memory recall kicks in.

Maybe see if there is a update to have this feature added to your 15. Fought this forever in my 13Cadillac ATS, finally got it straight