Alarm and Keyless Entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrblue54

Reaction score
Greetings,
Sometime in the life of this 99' Tahoe, the original radio was replaced by someone who should have left if to a professional. Anyway the alarm appears to not be working and thus the question, when the original radio is removed will the alarm - security system work?
We purchased the truck without a key fob transmitter. We have since replaced all the door locks and ignition cylinder.
We cannot get a replacement key fob transmitter to program. There is also an alarm siren attached under the hood that does not look like something GM would install.
So any help is appreciated.
MrBlue54

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did not come with Alarm stock AFAIK.... I would go aftermarket on the keyless entry vs buying a new stock remote (a good aftermarkted remotestart/ keyless entry with 2 transmitters can be had for $50)....

MotoCARR

Reaction score
It sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry already installed in the vehicle. If you want to remove the lower dash panel that is below the steering wheel closest to your shins and look for the module "brain" I may be able to find the corresponding transmitter for it.
P2230031.jpg

rayr0683

Reaction score
Alarm Help in my 97 Tahoe LT

Hello All, I'm new here, I don't have an answer but was wanting to add a question that's similar?? I just bought a used 1997 Tahoe LT.....mine also has an aftermarket Alarm System installed. Its in Valet mode right now, but I found the Valet Switch, and was able to put Alarm on and it does work. It arms passive and with remotes. The Alarm is a Automate 5HF by DEI Corp. From 1996 was installed. The problem I have is that
The flashing parking lights and chirps are not active??? The Alarm whether in Valet mode or Alarm mode is operating Silent Mode with no Flashing Park Lights........I am looking for a way to activate or Turn On the Chirps and Flashing Lights when I arm and disarm the Alarm, or in Valet when I lock and unlock the doors with the key remotes??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I haven't located the Module-Brain under my dash as of yet?? Thanks, Ray!!

MotoCARR

Reaction score
Post a picture of your remote and I should be able to get you a manual for the system that's in your car.

rayr0683

Reaction score
Automate 5hf alarm system

Hello MotoCARR!!
Thanks for replying to my Post so quickly!! I will take a Photo of my Alarm Remote Control-Key FOB.....It's just a simple Gray 2 Button Old Style Remote.......The previous owner of the Tahoe left quite a bit of their Paperwork from Purchases with Manuals and or Guarantee Cards......They Left the paperwork and a Manual from the Alarm System, the Brand and Model of the Alarm that's installed is called an "AUTOMATE 5-HF" and the Parent Company is Directed Electronics Inc. or "DEI"...they also make Brands like Clifford, Vyper, Code-Alarm, and several other Brands......The things is, this Owners-Users Manual is pretty detailed with the Features of the Alarm, and the Basic Operation of the Alarm, but it's nothing Detailed Electronically, or Wiring Diagrams, etc.....that must be the "Service or Installation Manual"....which there is nothing like that with any of the Paper Work included. It seems it was a popular alarm for it's day, 1996....and judging by how the people took care of the Tahoe, I really doubt that anything has broken, I have a feeling that maybe they had it Programmed to the "Silent Mode" of Operation....with the Flashing Lights programmed to Off also....not sure why.....but I just get that feeling. The only thing that the Manual mentions is how to set the Alarm originally I think for Valet, etc.......says turn Ignition on then Off again, and to listen for Chirps.....but no real details..........Thanks, Ray

MotoCARR

Reaction score
Is there a model number printed on the cover of the manual, something like "Hornet 570T"?

Like this:
70277_570t_product.png

rayr0683

Reaction score
Yes, the model on cover of manual is AUTOMATE AND THE MODEL # IS 5-HF............The 5 is the model and the HF stands for High Frequency for the kind of transmitter........there is a Model above this one called the Automate 6-HF.........the year of production was 1995-96 for this alarm model. Thanks, Ray!!

MotoCARR

Reaction score
Yes, the model on cover of manual is AUTOMATE AND THE MODEL # IS 5-HF............The 5 is the model and the HF stands for High Frequency for the kind of transmitter........there is a Model above this one called the Automate 6-HF.........the year of production was 1995-96 for this alarm model. Thanks, Ray!!

Not sure why I can't upload the whole manual, but this may get you where you need to be. The remote you have also works with this model Hornet so I would think the features are the same. If you want the whole manual, shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll email it to you.

Attachments

• Hornet 719T.jpg
    Hornet 719T.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 3