Headlight Bulb Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation on a replacement LOW beam headlight bulb for a 2015 Tahoe LT?

Looking for something BRIGHTER and WHITER!

Am I correct that the bulb is a H11-LL ?

Carlman

Reaction score
Hi FDNY,

Recently purchased the new Tahoe, and noticed - like OP said - low beam headlight is weak, i.e. dim and yellow, not bright enough especially for night drive on long highways, and desert area.

You mentioned an Amazon purchase "Sylvania" H11 SZ, etc.

I clicked on the link as buying option (replacement for low beam lights 2015), yet Amazon's automated car/part matching system, shows (( this bulb is NOT correct fit for Tahoe 2015 )) !!

Carlman

Reaction score
Appreciate helpful info from experienced folks here regarding headlights replacement bulbs:

1. which is a better bulb: Halogen, Xenon, LED, etc... For clear white low beam (headlights).

2. My GM dealer says that LED is better than the others. Is he right ?

3. He will charge around $200 for doing the low beam bulb replacement from OEM to LED. Is this fair price for LED bulb - inclusive of installation.

Would be best if I bought any such bulbs direct and self installed it, yet have NO experience whatever with this kind of work.

Thanks guys.