Chubb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starchubb95

Reaction score
Hello good ppl. I am curious about sumthin. I have a 03 Tahoe z71 and it runs fairly well but hesitates a lot because it needs knock sensors. Is there a plug or something that I can do to bypass the sensors until I'm able to purchase them and have the work done.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know of a work around, so to speak. We tend to advise how to fix, not how to bypass something but someone may know. Not that big of deal to do the job yourself if mechanically inclined. Use FELPRO gasket set and new nuts/bolts/washers for reattachment of intake. Use AC Delco sensors and new Dorman harnesses. You tube has lots of videos of the job.

starchubb95

Reaction score
Thank you Raiderron
Yes, I am mech inclined and would like to thank you for the correct specifics in completing the job (needed that). Although the parts are inexpensive at this time after Xmas I was just trying but a little time before I jump right in on this project.

starchubb95

Reaction score
At the top of the page I'm on it say post the vin for a build sheet on my vehicle. I would like to have that.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, just noticed that. I wasn't interested in a build sheet, I was just trying to help with the question. From what I have seen the response back for the build sheet takes some time. You may get frustrated about how long but I have seen the responses back at times. Hang in there.

starchubb95

Reaction score
I was interested in having it but it's nothing I have to have quickly I can wait....no rush!!!! I was almost scared of you telling me that wasn't a bright idea to post it.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you'll be ok. I just have seen where guys were responding back to their own post to the thread asking when the build sheet would be given. If you got the patience then you will be fine.