02 Tahoe stereo and speakers???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jojosloan

Reaction score
Okay Im the proud new owner of a 2002 Tahoe z71 and the stereo and speakers suuuuuuck. Ive never installed a radio or speakers before my question is what do you guys recommend for head unit and speakers and what all parts will I need to do this job? Do I need to run new wires etc etc etc help me sorry for such a newb question and yes I have done some searchin. Thank you in advance

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock wires should be fine unless you go big or add an amp....Not sure on the 2002 but the 96 that I have has 2 sets of 6.5" speakers, 2 tweeters in the front doors, and 2 4x10's

Head unit in mine is din and a half IIRC

You may want to post in the 2000-2006 forum

Roger T. Mason

Reaction score
No sound coming out of speakers?

I have an 02 tahoe I jus installed a braand new pioneer deck in I used a wireharness n soldered all the wires together color for color except one on the. Stereo harness it was blue and white or white and blue and said remote on it..
This was my 1st time soldering but there's not much to do wrong wen soldering to wires together...but anyways wen I mounted it started the truck it powered up but no sound came out of the speakers then I turnd the truck off n turned it back on again then it worked :/ for about 40 sec then went off again wats wrong?? Please help!

Used Car Parts

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock wires should be fine unless you go big or add an amp....Not sure on the 2002 but the 96 that I have has 2 sets of 6.5" speakers, 2 tweeters in the front doors, and 2 4x10's

Head unit in mine is din and a half IIRC